We are celebrating many multi-cultural winter celebrations in London and around the world.
- HAPPY HANUKKAH – Tuesday 20 December 2011 (Jewish festival that lasts for 8 days)
- HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE – Thursday 22 December 2011 (Pagan festival that lasts for 12 days) LINK IN MEDITATION 7pm-8pm £11.93 http://wintersolsticemeditation.eventbrite.co.uk/ The Winter Solstice is a time to go within and reflect deeply. It is the deepest and most reflective time. It is the time of greatest darkness with the longest night and shortest day. It has the shortest light and the longest shadow! For some it is the beginning and the ending of a calendar: an astronomical New Year. We decide what we want (like looking in a book of good fortune) and place our order, then later we plant (Spring Equinox) and harvest (Autumn Equinox).
- How about this Two-Hour Live Virtual Event: Conscious Change Movements Uniting to Co-Create a Global Shift on the Winter Solstice, December 22, 2011 • 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm GMT http://birth2012synergy.com/
- HAPPY NEWMOON IN CAPRICORN and XMAS EVE – Saturday 24 December 2011
LINK IN MEDITATION 7pm-8pm £11.93 http://newmoonmeditationincapricorn.eventbrite.co.uk/
- HAPPY XMAS DAY – Sunday 25 December 2011 (Christian festival that lasts for 12 holy nights)
- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 – Sunday 1 January 2012
CHRISTMAS TREE at Trafalgar Square, London (from Thursday 1.12.11 – Wednesday 5.1.12)
HANUKKAH LIGHTS at Trafalgar Square, London (from Tuesday 20.12.11 – Wednesday 28.12.11
HOMEWORK: choose to do one or two of these if you can
Honour the 12 Holy Nights starting on Christmas day 25.12.11. Read ‘Twelve Holy Nights by Dr Yubraj Sharma’ posted on my blog (above). Thank you Yubraj.
Honour the 8 Days of Hanukkah by lighting the Monorah starting 22.12.11. The Menorah holds 9 candles – one for each night, plus one in the middle to light the others. One candle is added and lit from right to left, each night of the festival.
Symbolically light a candle – one a day – for 8 days – to say thank you for all your blessings – before the end of 2011.
Symbolically light a candle – one a day – for 12 days – to take you through to 2012.
Go to Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas tree and Hanukkah lights.
Do 12 nurturing acts to 12 different people.